From 27 of May 2017 till 1st of June 2017 at Cherkasy State Technological University and the National Technical University of Ukraine “I. Sikorsky Kiev Polytechnic University” was held the planned third working meeting of the “Water Harmony Eurasia -II” project within the framework of the International Project CPEA-2011/10002 “Water Harmony – Integration of Education, Research, Innovation and Entrepreneurship (Water Harmony-II)”. Representatives from partner universities of Norway, the Republic of Belarus, the Republic of Moldova, the Republic of Kazakhstan, the Republic of Tajikistan and the Kyrgyz Republic, a delegation from the Ukrainian State University of Chemical Technology (Dnipro), as well as associate members of the project: B.N. Yeltsin Kyrgyz-Russian Slavic University (Bishkek), National University “Lviv Polytechnic”, (Lviv), National University of Water and Environmental Engineering (Rivne).
The agenda of the meeting had quite a lot of points, so the meeting was very intense. The following issues were discussed:
- development of external communications of the project, receiving of laboratory equipment;
- work on the translation and improvement of the handbook “Physico-chemical methods of water treatment. Water resources management “;
- summer course for students in Norway: information dissemination, logistics, formation of the Alumni Association, Facebook group, etc .;
- students’ and employees’ English language commands improvement;
- MSc- and PhD-students: how to become better supervisor;
- inter-university educational cooperation: involving partners in the MSc and PhD defense processes;
- development of the “Double Diploma” program;
- partners involvement in researchers and joint publications;
- development of training programs;
- organization of the next project meeting in Tajikistan.
Also, was provided the information about the Water Harmony Erasmus + project and the possibilities of integrating two similar projects through the development of general educational courses.
In order to improve the practical competencies of participants and getting familiarized with the processes of drinking water preparation in Cherkasy city, the organizers prepared an excursion to the municipal potable water treatment plant, which serves needs of more than 300.000 people.
Two scientific seminars were also held. The first, “Integration of Education, Research and Innovation in Cooperation with Enterprises” in the city of Cherkasy, with the participation of representatives of state and municipal institutions, which work in the field of water resources management.And the second, “Water: Science and Technology”, in Kiev, within the framework of the international specialized exhibition “AquaTerm”. The materials of the seminars can be found by the following link.
The organizers thank all participants of the working meeting and look forward to the new one, which will be held in October in Tajikistan.